In my season of being set free from anxiety, I started a list of Bible verses that I memorized. When I was feeling anxious, I would repeat these back to myself. Anxiety is what the devil tried to use to lie to me to try prevent me from receiving the fullness of Joy the Lord promises me. There is no better way to combat a lie than with the truth. The truth I used was the word of God because there is nothing more true. I encourage you to memorize these verses (doesn’t have to be all at once) so that when you’re feeling moments of anxiousness and worry you can remind yourself of what is from God.
- Deuteronomy 31:6 - Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.
- Matthew 6:34 - Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own
- 2 Timothy’s 1:7 - For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
- Psalm 16:11 - You will make known to me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; In Your right hand there are pleasures forever.
- Philippians 4:6-7 - Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
- Psalm 56:3-4 - When I am afraid I put my trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I shall not be afraid. What can flesh do to me?
- Isaiah 12:2 - “See, God has come to save me. I will trust in him and not be afraid. The Lord God is my strength and my song; he has given me victory.””